Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's been so long.......

































since I've seen my Dad like this that when Delaney said "mom, look at Poppy" while this flashed across my computer screen it stopped me in my tracks. It's hard for me to remember him any other way than the way he is right now. I am going to print this and put it by his bed side as a reminder to the staff that THIS is my father and as a reminder to my Dad to SMILE. I know he doesn't have much to smile about these days but a little positive energy can go a long way! Funny thing is......I've never seen these photos before. They are from Carter's birthday last summer and were still in RAW format tucked away w/ the other unprocessed shots from the day. I'm not sure why it came up on my slideshow, as it's not in the slideshow folder, but it did........and I needed to see this........I think the whole family did.

I'm not quite sure what he's doing---although I think it's his version of "hang 10" turns "call me", lol. He's a goof.

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, so happy to hear that you are keeping photographs in his room...that is such a positive for the staff...I suspect they all love him and his family already but it is a reminder of the man they are making whole again!! I love that second photograph here...can just feel the energy and spark within him..that is what is going to make miracles in his life...his spirit! Keep the faith, sweet lady...L.R. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,ur such an amazing women.I know that ur DAD loves u so much. Thank you for keeping me posted to ur Dad's progress. I'm so sorry 4 what's happening now. Our prays are still being said. I wanted so much for your Dad to know how much of a hero! he has been in my life. He always made u feel good about yourself. Always there when u needed him. He did so much for the kids and I. I could never repay his kindness. The pictures are so great of him. Today in my heart I see the great man that I know and love deeply. Keep the faith and love 2 everyone. xxxooo aunt melody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs L. . .these are wonderful memories and captures of your daddy. xoxo Kristin

    ReplyDelete