Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tough Day


10 weeks
70 days
1680 hours

since my dad left this earth. two things i've come to know since his passing 1) i'm no longer afraid to die and 2) life does go on. we all miss him so much and some days are harder than others but i hold onto the belief that we will be united with him one day.

my sister and i continue our journey w/ RCIA. i am finding much comfort and peace in Jesus. it's been so good for my family and especially for my children. funny how i never understood my fathers time and devotion to his religion when he was here on this earth.

what's a post w/out a photo? this was last summer. a glass of wine, a sunset and a view of the lake. i think you can see how much he loved those things.

and a song......


6 comments:

  1. *HUGS*

    I am glad you and your family are continuing to move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proverbs 3:5-6

    What a wonderful picture of your dad clearly enjoying the moment. Please know, Lisa, that you and your family have been thought of and remembered in prayer during those 10 weeks/70 days/1680 hours.

    The LORD bless you and keep you;
    the LORD make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you;
    the LORD lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.

    Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, Lisa, and you know I'm always here for you.

    Love, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture of your Dad. Hope you are all coping o.k. I am glad that you have your sister to go on your new journey with. Now that 2 of my brothers are gone and 1 in a nursing home, I am so thankful for my sisters!! Take good care.

    Cheryl (cher12861 from flickr)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa,
    It has been some time since I came to "visit" here ...I always hoped you would keep the blog alive but I know how hard it is to keep reliving a difficult time ...today something compelled me to come by. How glad I am a followed through on that angel's nudge...this is a beautiful photograph of your father...his face is just glowing...it had to be the face behind that camera that made him smile so!!
    I know this season of holidays is hard to face without him...but he is always in your hearts and memories. I think a piece of him will always be in MY heart as well.
    Keep the faith strong, sweet lady...hug your mother for me...and know I will never forget!
    Hugs and more hugs, L.R.

    ReplyDelete