Friday, February 12, 2010

Christmas

I don't need to tell you how hard it was for all of us. We went to the cemetery as a family. After I announced we'd be going, Delaney got out her crayons and paper. I asked her what she was doing and she said "making a Christmas card for Poppy!". A blue eyed, brown haired angel flying in the sky.........

We attended Christmas Eve mass and Delaney was in the pageant as well. As I looked down the pew, at all of my family who was there, that normally wasn't, I cried. I cried b/c we were there. I cried for the man who wasn't, yet, was responsible for us all being there. Then I saw my angel come down the aisle and cried some more hoping and praying that her Poppy could see her.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, Lisa! She is beautiful!! I love the last photo of her peering over at you while walking down the aisle. She is a true angel....I just adore her. You know your dad was with all of you on Christmas Eve at the church. He's so proud of all of you.

    I love you and your family so much,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful photos of Delaney and Carter. Thank you for sharing them, Lisa. I think of your mom, and your family, often and continue to hold you in prayer. Love is the answer and love transcends all understanding. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your writing is so beautiful. You have a way with words.

    cher12861 from flickr

    ReplyDelete