Wednesday, March 31, 2010

RCIA Updates

Last week there was a Parish Mission at our Church and I was honored to have Father ask me if I would speak one of the nights, about my journey of faith. I said yes as I felt like I was meant to. It was hard to do b/c I couldn't tell my journey w/out telling my father's journey last summer...but I did it. It was very well received and I know my father was so proud of me, as was my family.

Saturday night, at the Easter Vigil, my sister and I will make our first communion and confirmation. I wish my father was here but I know if he were here, I wouldn't be at this point in my life.

Luke 11: 9-10
"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."

I found this treasure the other day.




3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful path you are taking Lisa. I'm sure your Dad's heart is overflowing with pride and joy.

    Cher (from flickr)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want you to know I am thinking of all of you and holding you in prayer. I know you have faith and are cherishing the memories of Kraig. I know you hold him in your heart . . .

    May the peace of God, which passes all understanding, keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

    With Love From Toby's Mom, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about Kraig again today...had the day to myself at home with just my Kitties and thought about what awesome companions they are...this made me think about how much I heard that Kraig loved his Kitties as well...Missing you today Kraig, wish I could have spent more time with you as an adult and become more of a friend instead of just a brother-in-law. If what I believe is true we will be able sit down and have a long talk when I see you again.

    ReplyDelete