Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Father's Faith

About 7 years ago he felt something missing in his life. He found God. He initiated the RCIA process at the Catholic Church and made his confirmation at the Easter Vigil. His faith is strong. He teaches Religion and is very active in the Church. He is 100% sure of what's on the other side. His bible is in his hospital room with him, well loved, duct taped spine (my father loves duct tape and uses it on everything) hand written notes throughout and treasures and trinkets in between the pages. I have been reading his bible a loud to him when I get a chance b/c he likes to read it every morning (if you know of anything I should read to him, please leave a comment). We have been able to find some peace in his faith.

1 comment:

  1. I found comfort from these verses when my grandmother was very sick. I hope they comfort you, too.

    Lamentations 3:22-23
    The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction.
    Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day.

    Psalms 43:5
    Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

    Romans 5:1-5
    Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a]have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

    1 Corinthians 13:13
    And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

    ReplyDelete