Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 2nd--Stent Surgery

On July 2nd at 1:30, my mother, my sister and I kissed him goodbye as they wheeled him away in his bed for this simple procedure and said we'd see him in a little bit. The Doctor said it would take 1 to 2 hours for the procedure. Turns out they didn't start until 3, finished at 4 and came out at 4:40 to let us know that everything had gone text book, better than they had hoped, he was awake, talking, responding and doing great. They were bringing him to ICU and if we went up we could see him there. Which we did, but after a while of waiting and being told his room wasn't ready yet my sister and I decided to head home to take care of our kids. My mom stayed, we planned on coming back later. At 6:00 I got an urgent call from my mom that I had to come back. Things had taken a drastic turn for the worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment